Sea Mar has different application processes for general volunteers and interns/externs.
These respective processes can be found on our Volunteer Application Process and Intern/Extern Application Process pages.
Many of the same forms and items are required for both general and intern/extern applicants; however, the application processes differ slightly.
Here are the steps in the application process for becoming a Sea Mar volunteer!
1. Check out available opportunities on our website and our Volunteer Match account to find a volunteer position that matches up with your interests and skills.
2. Complete our online volunteer application. Once completed, you will receive an automatic confirmation email with further instructions.
If a position is not listed, please make a note on your application with the position and Sea Mar location that you are interested in.
3. Continue sending in additional requirements!
Your application will not be considered complete until the Volunteer Department has received the following items (refer to the Volunteer Application Checklist for copies of these forms):
- TB test results - recent within 6 months
- Hepatitis B consent/declination form
- Sea Mar Background Check Request form
- JPG Headshot Photo (for your Sea Mar badge!)
You can return these items to the Volunteer Department via email (email@example.com)
or fax (206-764-0494)!
4. Wait while the Volunteer Coordinator finalizes your placement and gets you in contact with your site supervisor.
If you have been accepted to a volunteer position with Sea Mar, you will receive official clearance emails from the Volunteer Coordinator containing contact information for your supervisor.
Until that time, you have not been officially cleared to volunteer with us.
5. After being officially cleared, attend an orientation with your site supervisor to familiarize yourself with Sea Mar's policies, your site, and your position.
6. Begin volunteering!
Please note that this process can take up to several weeks, and that application does not guarantee placement in a volunteer position at Sea Mar.
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator:
8915 14th Avenue S, 1st Floor
Seattle, WA 98108
P: (206) 764 – 8040
F: (206) 764 – 0494
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Sea Mar!