The Department of Medical Education has a centralized process of approval and placement for all students and visiting residents. Please read the following requirements and submit the appropriate online application. If you are a school or residency program that would like to place students or residents at Sea Mar regularly- contact Daniel Byrd, Director of Medical Education at MedicalEducation@seamarchc.org.
Placement with Sea Mar Community Health Centers is subject to staff availability and timely completion of the requirements listed below. Aside from evaluations required by their programs, students and visiting residents will be asked to complete a short evaluation of their experience at Sea Mar at the end of their rotation.
- Students requesting clinical rotations: an Affiliation Agreement must be in place with your school. If you are unsure of this or if you are a representative of a school seeking an Affiliation Agreement with Sea Mar please contact Daniel Byrd at MedicalEducation@seamarchc.org.
- Students and visiting residents must complete the required application and orientation documents at least a month before the start of the requested rotation.
- Rotations are not guaranteed and will not be formally approved until all required documents have been submitted and the process has been completed. All placements (including shadowing) are subject to availability at your chosen site.
- After submitting the online application you will receive an email with the required orientation documents.
Required application and orientation documents include:
- Resume/CV (submitted with the online application)
- Statement of interest in a learning opportunity at Sea Mar (submitted with the online application)
- Proof of current Tuberculosis Test or other acceptable documentation of TB status
- Vaccination records showing proof of current MMR, HEP B, Tdap, and seasonal Influenza vaccinations
- Signed criminal background check form
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- For laptop and EHR privileges: signed laptop and security agreements
- Proof of HIPAA certification (for clinical rotations and visiting residents)
- Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance (for visiting residents)
- Appropriate state licensing (for visiting residents and nurse practitioner students)
Sea Mar's Department of Medical Education offers clinical rotations to medical, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant students. If you are pursuing a dental, nursing, or behavioral health rotation or a non-clinical internship please contact Sea Mar's volunteer department.
Sea Mar welcomes visiting residents to our clinics for electives, rural/underserved rotations, and other experiences.
If you are a resident who has already rotated at Sea Mar and would like to do another rotation with us- you don't need to submit another application, please contact Daniel Byrd directly at: MedicalEducation@seamarchc.org..
Students from high school through graduate school are welcome to come to Sea Mar to shadow a medical provider. Sea Mar Community HealthCorps members are required to follow the same shadowing approval process as students from outside the organization